[rt-users] Custom Field Entry in Self Serve

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Wed Jun 14 11:35:20 EDT 2006

Stan Brinkerhoff wrote:

> I apologize if this has been covered previously.  I searched the wiki
> and the mailing list and was unable to find a solution.  I am running
> RT3.4.5 via RPM (from the Wiki documentation).  I have setup LDAP
> authentication so my users can transparently login to the self-serve
> page without having to setup accounts for each user.  All has been
> working great, until I added a custom field.
>

> When a user creates a new ticket with a custom field value, they get
> this in the Results field:
>

>     * Ticket 13 created in queue 'it'
>     * Could not add new custom field value.
>     * Could not add new custom field value.
>     * Could not add new custom field value.
>
> (once for each custom value attempted to be set).
>

> I have given unprivileged and everyone full rights (ie, shotgun
> approach to fixing a problem) and that still did not fix it.
>

> Any ideas?

> We're hiring! Come hack Perl for Best Practical: http://bestpractical.com/about/jobs.html
Stan,

    All Custom fields must also have rights assigned. Go to your Config
tab, click on Custom fields, then select a custom field. If already
assigned to a Queue, you just click on Group Rights and then give the
right to see and modify the custom field. I'd reserve the Admin custom
field right for you administrator. But anyway, that must be done or
users won't see the custom fields.

Kenn