[rt-users] Setting Status to Open via Template

Barry L. Kline blkline at attglobal.net
Wed Jun 28 15:08:25 EDT 2006

Schultz, Eric wrote:

> The short answer is "no". The long answer is
> http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html. At least that has been
> the response in the past, and I, for one, want to keep it that way.

Well, I have been on the net long before the advent of the
world-wide-wait and all I can say is, who says you can't teach an old
dog a new trick?  That was a good article, thanks for the link.

I'm using Thunderbird and didn't see the "CC:" heading until I asked
TBird to show all headers.  Duh!!! <slaps forehead>.   I've been so
conditioned by the tons of lists for which I simply click "Reply" that I
completely neglected the "Reply to all" button, which would have done
what I wanted in the first place.  Between that and the fact that I had
TBird set to truncate headers, I missed the obvious solution.

Forget I even mentioned the "Reply-to" request.  I'll sit down and shut
up now.

Barry