[rt-users] Some questions regarding RT

Wouter Prins wouter.prins at null0.nl
Fri Mar 3 07:55:14 EST 2006

Hello list,

I am learning a bit on how RT functions to check if it is applicable in our environment and have a few questions about this:

1.) Can RT be integrated when the primary mailserver is on M$ Exchange? Or is a *nix based mta needed? (can't help it :))

2.) When having multiple queue's and incoming email is always coming in into one queue (so staff can update the ticket info to be complete, before a techie starts working on it):
- When transferring the ticket from the incoming queue to another queue, we would like to be able to send out a request to supply several steps of information from the requestor. I managed to do this using the default conditions (on status change, on queue change); however it mostly happens these status changes already take part when working on the ticket. :) What is the best way to achieve the above? I read about the user-defined actions but i cannot find a lot of examples regarding this on the mailing-list and the wiki.

3.) I also read about creating additional status's; is it still not encouraged to use in RT3.4.5? How do you work around it? Create additional queue's or add custom fields to the tickets?
The main reason for this is that we dont want tickets to "disappear" when it is stalled.

4.) When i have a custom field in a ticket (another ticket number) i want this additional ticketnumber to be in the subject of all email going out of RT. How can i accomplish this?

So far RT looks very nice!

I hope someone can answer these questions. :)

Thanks!

Wouter

--

The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.