[rt-users] Re: [Rt-devel] RT Speed

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Wed Mar 8 03:47:23 EST 2006

Am 07.03.2006 um 20:48 schrieb Michael.ki:

> [...]
> Has anyone on the list stayed with mysql from 2->3 and noticed a speed
> improvement?
>
> Thanks!

We stayed on MySQL cutting over from rt2 to rt3 (4 privileged users,
about 200 unprivileged). With rt3.4, the speed with ~13.000 Tickets
(I know, a small number!) is OK - I never felt the need to profile. A
'normal' ticket loads in about 2 seconds.

We do have problems with the pathological cases (searching through
binary attachments), but those are well known (see the archives).

What is important for MySQL and PostgreSQL is proper tuning of
course. I just had to reduce the memory allocated to MySQL's various
buffers, which slowed things down by about half a breath (sorry, no
hard scientific measures here), but the system doesn't need to swap
continuously anymore...

Regards,
     Harald

--