[rt-users] Including third-party correspondence in ticket history?

Bryan K. Wright bryan at ayesha.phys.Virginia.EDU
Thu Mar 9 13:52:23 EST 2006

Hi folks,

	Earlier today I had to deal with a breakin.  I opened a new ticket
with the owner of the compromised machine as the requestor, then went
back and forth with him a few times by e-mail.  These e-mails were done
as "replies" within the ticket, and are all recorded in the ticket history.

	I also had to contact a couple of service providers, though.
I wrote e-mails to them, and received replies, outside of RT.  I didn't
want to just CC them on a reply or comment within RT, since I wanted
to change the subject line and send the message directly to the
relevant abuse addresses.  Still, it would be nice to have records of
these messages included in the ticket history.

	I guess what I'm looking for is a "New email" button beside
the "Reply" and "Comment" buttons.  It would behave like "comment",
but would allow me to specify the "To:" address of the outgoing mail.

	Is there a way to do this already?  I'm using RT 3.4.5, btw.

						Thanks,
						Bryan

Bryan Wright              |"If you take cranberries and stew them like
Physics Department        | applesauce, they taste much more like prunes
University of Virginia    | than rhubarb does."  --  Groucho
Charlottesville, VA  22901|
(434) 924-7218            |         bryan at virginia.edu