[rt-users] ldap-auth with rt Centos rpm install

Jim Meyer purp at acm.org
Fri Mar 10 17:56:29 EST 2006

Hello!

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 15:04 -0500, Bill Gurley wrote:
> Thanks, Jim.  I am making progress now.

Good to hear!

> While I was struggling with all of this, I ended up creating a couple of
> users in the internal rt system that I would prefer to have pulled from
> ldap (along with their contact info, etc.).  What's the best way to deal
> with this, since you can't really delete users in rt?  Would it be safe
> to go straight to the mysql database and pull out those users so I can
> re-create them from ldap?  Or is there an easier way?

Well, I've tended to go into the database and setting the password field
to '*NO-PASSWORD*', which forces authentication from LDAP only. After
that, I've manually updated the data through the web interface.

That said, another on my list of to-dos is to:

* Make LDAP-sourced info immutable to all interfaces (with a
  configurable toggle, of course)
* Add auto-refresh functionality such that if the data, when
  read, is older than a configurable time-to-live, a fresh copy
  is fetched from LDAP.

I don't know how soon I'll get to that; baby girl is T-5.5 weeks and
counting. But it's on my list. =]

Cheers!

--j
--