[rt-users] New user of RT: a few questions

Ugo Bellavance ugob at camo-route.com
Tue Mar 14 10:27:07 EST 2006

Hi,

	I just installed RT on a CentOS 4 server (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4)
via RPM, all went well, but I have a few questions.  I'm still in test
phase.  I've read the FAQ and wen through the book "RT essentials".

	Here is my context:  I have a few clients and I'd like to use RT to
manage their requests

Question 1: My ISP blocks ports 25 and 80 incoming, so I set up a
fetchmail cronjob that gets messages for rt at mydomain.com.  I did set up
the alias so that mailgate gets it.  Is that OK?  Up to now, it seems to
be working perfectly.  I don't really mind having to use an alternate
port for the web interface, and I'm thinking about not giving access to
the web interface to my clients anyway.  Any comments?

Question 2: Virtual host:  Since I installed RT, the rpm seems to have
set up a virtual host, and since then I cannot access the stock web root
(/var/www/html/). I guess I have to set up another virtual host for the
stock web root and set it as default?

Question 3: I'd like to receive by e-mail a notification when a new
ticket is created, so that I don't have to always have the web interface
open to know there is a new request.  How do I do that? With scrips?

That is about it for now.

TIA,

Ugo