[rt-users] FAQ: Finding Answers About RT

Jim Meyer purp at acm.org
Wed Mar 22 17:50:49 EST 2006

Hello!

On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 00:28 +0300, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:
> :) Nice thing that people usually don't read :)
> It should be shorter, a lot of philosophy water, people ignore such guides.

Yeah, I have that concern re: length. Some of it gets addressed by a
more FAQ-like approach with sections and a table of contents at the very
top, which might look like this:

Finding Answers About RT

1. Introduction
2. Do the legwork
  2.1 Resources
    2.1.1 Best Practical Wiki: http://wiki.bestpractical.com/
    2.1.3 Google: http://www.google.com/
[... &c.]

I think the philosophy is important for those who don't understand why
these things are important (I was one of them, long long ago). As to
reading it, well, if you're frustrated about not getting an answer you
really want/need and this gets posted (weekly? monthly?), there's an
increased chance of getting your eyes on it.

I've tossed it onto the wiki (http://wiki.bestpractical.com/?
FindingAnswersAboutRT) at Jesse's request. If nothing else, it can now
serve as one of those terse responses to poorly-asked questions. ;p

Cheers!

--j
--
Jim Meyer, Geek at Large                                    purp at acm.org