[rt-users] Setting user CustomField through Perl Script

Jason Fenner jfenner at vitamix.com
Wed Mar 29 14:11:09 EST 2006

Hi:

I have a global CustomField called "Department" defined as type User in
my RT 3.4

Through an external Perl script I query my Active Directory server for a
particular username and find a key called: Department.  Once I find that
key, I want to set the above CustomField for that user in RT to that
same value.

However, I am stumped as to what object method, etc you use with RT in
order to set a CustomField value for a user?

Can anyone toss me any clues?

Thanks in advance,
Jason Fenner