[rt-users] How to delete users?

Tomasz Wlodek tomw at bnl.gov
Mon May 8 17:34:30 EDT 2006

Hi,

Due to some testing I had to create several fake users in RT. Those users
were never added to any group, ever posted anything, never created any
ticket. Now I need to delete them.

The manual says that you cannot delete users, only disable them. Well, I
do not believe that I cannot do what I want. I want to delete them in
order not to pollute databases with junk.

I want to go to rt database, go to table Users and execute mysql delete
command on those users. This will delete them. But is it enough? Is the
user information cross referenced somehow from other tables?

Those users did not do any activity, so they do not own any tickets, and
the like. I assume that they do not appear in any tables but Users, but I
would like to be sure.

Tomasz Wlodek                        | tel 631-344-7448
Brookhaven Laboratory, Building 510M | fax 631-344-7616
Upton NY 11973-5000                  |