[rt-users] MySQL Import Question

Joshua Colson jcolson at voidgate.org
Wed May 17 04:08:25 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 23:15 -0400, Mathew Snyder wrote:

> If I import the OLD old data can I import the NEW old data next to it or
> will it overwrite the OLD old data?  If I can do this, how do I go about it?

No. The tickets (and other objects) are assigned ID numbers in the
database. These numbers start at 1 (or sometimes zero) and increment up
as new objects are added. So, aside from the differences in the database
schema between versions, in both you OLD old system and your NEW old
system, you've got objects with IDs of 1,2,3,etc. and if you try to
merge the systems, you'll have numerous conflicts. That being said, it
can be done, it would just take quite a bit of manual intervention.

Good luck.

--
Joshua Colson <jcolson at voidgate.org>