[rt-users] Why would I want to ...

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Thu May 18 05:26:18 EDT 2006

On 5/18/06, Philip Kime <pkime at shopzilla.com> wrote:
> I suppose I don't understand why you would add the "Watch" right to the
> developers Group since all that does according to the documentation is
> allow members of the Group to add *themselves* as CC on tickets in the
> support Queue? I thought that the developers Group could be added as a
> watcher on a ticket by anyone with ModifyTicket, even if the Group
> didn't have Watch right? I tried it and I can add a user without Watch
> right as CC to a queue.
Yep. You're right. May be developers really don't need right to add
themself as Cc, but the right can be useful for managers of the
support department, so they could watch any ticket in the queue and
comment to tickets.

I see you understand how it works then it's subject to you decide how
to configure your RT instance.

PS: Please, always Cc to the list so other people could read and comment.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.