[rt-users] RE :Installation Tips

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue May 23 08:55:06 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 04:18, James Yogo wrote:

> I am really interested in implementing a ticketing system for my
> organisation. I am buffled by what peaple say about it but unfortunately i
> have been defeated on installing the system.
>
> Could someone out there lend a hand probably on Suse 9 or Fedora platforms.
> I have tried on redhad in vain.

If you have RHEL4 or Centos4.x, follow these instructions:
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?RPMInstall
but you don't need to build your own mod_perl, just
yum install mod_perl if it isn't already there and
skip that section of the page.  The web side should
just come up working. The only tricky part is getting
mail to come in the way rt-mail-dispatcher wants it.

If you are installing a new Linux distro for this,
Centos 4.x is a good choice.  The only problem I've
seen with this package is that it moves the installed
location so that you can't add in asset tracker.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com