[rt-users] User info synchronization with LDAP

tmaciak at ci.grand-rapids.mi.us tmaciak at ci.grand-rapids.mi.us
Thu May 25 16:57:29 EDT 2006

Hi Jean-Francois,

The way I went about it was to modify the User_Overlay.pm file subroutine called CanonicalizeUserInfo

Our new method for that is located in:
/local/lib/RT/User_Local.pm (this overtakes the original method version supplied with RT)

Basically we just do a LDAP look up of the user as they are being created and then it places this information into their profile.

If you need more detailed help let me know.

Thanks,

T.J. Maciak

Internet/Intranet Developer
Department of IT