[rt-users] How to disable forwarding of correspondence to requestor?

Luke Vanderfluit lvanderf at internode.com.au
Sun May 28 22:44:42 EDT 2006

Hi Mike.

Mike Bell wrote:

> Hi,
> With the default config, if a message is sent to RT with a ticket
> identifier in the subject, but from an email address different than
> that ticket's requestor, RT will send a copy of the message to the
> requestor.  I want to prevent RT from sending the copy.  I've tried
> deleting and changing various 'on correspond' scrips with no luck.

Interesting problem.

I think you need to rethink your spam strategy.
Why do you reply to a spam mail?
If you do, then change the subject of non-deliverable.

I had a similar case where I wanted to single out mail-from-requestors
that had the ticketID in the subject but were sent to a different queue
than the ticketID->queue. I manipulated procmail so that it checked what
the queue was and then either appended (to existing ticket if queue was
same) or created new ticket (if queue was different).

Procmail might be your answer.

Hope that helps.
Kind regards.
Luke.