[rt-users] rt3.6rc2 multiple login issue

Shawn Plummer plummer at geneseo.edu
Wed May 31 07:54:01 EDT 2006

On May 30, 2006, at 6:34 PM, Darrell Burkey wrote:

>> I posted this on the developer list but got no response, I thought I
>> would post it on the larger users list and see if anyone had any
>> suggestions. I am quite confounded by this issue so any help anyone
>> could provide would be very appreciated.
>
> I suppose this is far too obvious but nontheless, is there any
> possibility
> this is just the standard issue with Apache that catches people out?
> According to the Apache FAQ you can get rid of the behaviour by:
>
>    1.  Always use the trailing slash when requesting directories;

I think the only way to influence this behavior is by setting these 2
variables.
Set( $WebBaseURL = 'http://rt.geneseo.edu/');
Set($WebPath , "");

If I change WebPath to be "/" things break horribly with links not
working and images and stylesheets not loading.

>    2. Change the ServerName to match the name you are using in the
> URL;
> and/or

I did set the ServerName to rt.geneseo.edu for the ip based
virtualhost used by this server

>    3. Set UseCanonicalName off.

Yup its set.

> Apologies if this is too basic. Just trying to help out.

Not a problem I really appreciate the response.

Shawn Plummer
Systems Manager
CIT SUNY Geneseo
"The mind can make substance, and people planets of its own with
beings brighter than have been, and give a breath to forms which can
outlive all flesh." -Lord Byron