[rt-users] OT: CPAN problem during RT installation

Andrej Ricnik-Bay andrej.groups at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 14:16:09 EST 2006

On 11/3/06, Sujith Emmanuel <sujithem at cdacb.ernet.in> wrote:

>  cpan[1]> install MIME::Base64
> CPAN: Storable loaded ok
> Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
>   Database was generated on Wed, 01 Nov 2006 15:24:03 GMT
> Running install for module MIME::Base64
> Running make for G/GA/GAAS/MIME-Base64-3.07.tar.gz
> CPAN: LWP::UserAgent loaded ok
> Can't call method "can" without a package or object reference at
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/CPAN.pm line 2904.
>
>  cpan[2]>
>

> The system is AS4 and RT version trying to install is 3.6.0.
> Has anyone seen these kind of errors? If so please help me sort it out.
Haven't seen this particular error - but then I've never used
CPAN on AS4 (only AS3 - no problems back then).  Have you
run the update to the newer version of CPAN manually on that
box?  If you haven't I suggest you contact DeadRat support
and best of luck.  If you have, try to revert to the previous
version and try again.  I'd think it's fair to say that the problem
isn't RT related at all

> Thanks for any and all help.
>
> Regards
> Sujith Emmanuel
Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.