[Spam?]Re: [rt-users] Slow down in RT w/ strange mysql-slow.log queries

Adrian Carter cartera at lei.net.au
Mon Nov 6 18:56:09 EST 2006

Todd Chapman wrote:
> Adrian,
>
> I think the GET_LOCK slow queries is mis-leading. RT's session
> management only allows a user to make one web request at a
> time. I have found GET_LOCK simply means that either the user
> is try to load 2 different things in RT at once, or the browser
> is trying to download css and javascript but the session is
> tied up serving a request.

Hmm.. I definitely only had one request running at the time, so it must
have been CSS or Jscript...

> I have found that if you have a lot of custom fields there is
> another index that can be applied to the ObjectCustomFieldValues
> table that helps with speed. Especially when you are shredding.
> Unfortunatley I don't have that info available to be now.

This might help a lot - I do use a few CF's and almost every ticket
utilises at least 3 or 4 of them. If you could dig up the index's that
would be great.

> I would get and run mytop while you are shredding and have
> it explain any slow queries you see. Running standalone_httpd
> will help separate the real issues from the one request at
> a time per session issues.

I'll give this a go later on tonight and see what it yields when the
server isn't quite so busy :)

--
Adrian Carter
Network Manager

Web	  http://www.lei.net.au http://support.lei.net.au
Direct    +61 2 6163 6162  Support 1 300 662 415
E-mail    cartera at lei.net.au