[rt-users] I can't enable mod_perl in my webserver

Scott Golby sgolby at freshdirect.com
Wed Nov 8 10:27:42 EST 2006

> The next step is to edit your webserver's configuration file to
instruct it to use RT's mod_perl, fastcgi or speedycgi handler.

> I haven't found what else I must change in the Apache's configuration
file.

You might want to test mod_perl separately to check its installed and
running.   Make a test dir, setup a simple page that uses mod_perl and
check its running without the complexity of RT.

Here is the mod_perl page if you are setting it up by hand & it has
testing info down the bottom.

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/intro/start_fast.html

An important config is to put this in httpd.conf (or loadmodule.conf -
tends to depend how apache was installed)

On the SuSE 9.3 pre-built apache there is a little trick, there is a
file called /etc/sysconfig/apache2, that has a APACHE_MODULES= section,
to which you need to add 'perl' to make mod_perl load.

Once mod_perl is tested and confirmed working take a look here
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?ManualInstallation  - go down to
Configuring Apache  will give you some tips on the types of thing which
need to be in the Apache config specifically for RT.  You'll need the
PerlHandler RT::Mason at some point, so try to follow what is there.

- Scott