[rt-users] Apache SSL for RT 3.6.1

Schultz, Eric ESchultz at corp.untd.com
Thu Nov 9 14:48:48 EST 2006

> >> I'm still
> >> working on
> >> getting non- secure URLs to redirect to the secure ones
> transparently.
> >> I've tried several different mod_rewrite approaches without
> success.
> >>
> >> - Tim
> >
> > How about this?
> >
> > RewriteEngine On
> > RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !^443$
> > RewriteRule ^/(.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [NC,R,L]
>
> Eric,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately that doesn't work either.
> Firefox tells me that it can't connect when I use a URL like
> http://example.com/rt/
>
> Any other ideas?

Sorry, the rest of your apache configuration (or RT configuration) could
be screwing things up.  This is one of those things you will likely have
to plug through and figure out yourself, unless you can have someone
with a lot more free time than I have look over your configs.

Eric Schultz
United Online, Inc.