[rt-users] Remove attachments by setting contect to null

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Mon Nov 13 06:48:52 EST 2006

My database has grown huge because our clients seem to feel it is
important they us pictures to our ticket system. Although we have only
27K tickets, the database is 1.7 GB and the time to display a ticket has
become in excess of five seconds. I don't need any of these attachments,
is there I reason not to run this on the database?
UPDATE Attachments  SET Content ="";

--
Chris Mason
(264) 497-5670 Fax: (264) 497-8463