[rt-users] Re: RT LDAP

Scott Golby sgolby at freshdirect.com
Mon Nov 13 17:33:12 EST 2006

> Log 1 (Below) : When I login as a user who has a user with the same
userid
> and password in RT and Windows Server 2003 active directory
> It seems to find the entry but fails the LDAP authentication. The
error
> message is in bold .

How were these RT accounts created ?

I found if the accounts were Auto-Created via Email their Username:
would be username at example.com   I never found a way for Active Directory
to Authenticate users with that type of username.  Trim the @domain.com
off the Username, that worked for me.

If the usernames are short, does their old RT password work ? (ie is the
fall though turned on)

> Log 2 (Below): When I login as a user with user id in Windows Server
2003
> active directory only and no account in RT ,
> again authentication fails.The error message is in bold

To be honest it looks like the error is before the LDAP part, but for
what its worth did you put in place the Auto Create account via LDAP
option ?
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?LdapAutocreateAuthCallback
I used that and its been working on AD / Windows 2003 Server.

- Scott