[rt-users] Re: Can I restrict autoreplies to the local domain?

Chris Wenn Chris.Wenn at rbg.vic.gov.au
Mon Nov 13 17:45:25 EST 2006

Hi Isaac

I did post a solution, but I'll reprint it here for completeness:

--Quote--

I found a solution to this myself! Thanks to everyone who provided possible fixes. It's probably not elegant but it seems to fit ok.

The trick was in this post to RTIR http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rtir/2004-November/000209.html, which I adapted for Ubuntu.

I found that copying /usr/share/request-tracker3.4/lib/RT/Action/Autoreply.pm to /usr/local/share/request-tracker3.4/lib/RT/Action/Autoreply.pm and replacing

sub SetRecipients {
    my $self=shift;

    push(@{$self->{'To'}}, $self->TicketObj->Requestors->MemberEmailAddresses);

    return(1);
}

with

no warnings qw(redefine);

sub SetRecipients {
    my $self=shift;

    if(defined($RT::AllowAutoReplyRegexp) && defined($RT::DenyAutoReplyRegexp)) {
        foreach($self->TicketObj->Requestors->MemberEmailAddresses) {
	    push(@{$self->{'To'}}, $_)
	      if ( ( ! $RT::AllowAutoReplyRegexp || /$RT::AllowAutoReplyRegexp/oi )
		&&  ! ( $RT::DenyAutoReplyRegexp && /$RT::DenyAutoReplyRegexp/oi ) );
        }
    } else {
        push(@{$self->{'To'}}, $self->TicketObj->Requestors->MemberEmailAddresses);
    }

    return(1);
}

worked.

In /etc/request-tracker3.4/RT_SiteConfig.pm add the lines

Set($AllowAutoReplyRegexp, '\@([\w.-]+\.)?your\.domain\.com$');
Set($DenyAutoReplyRegexp,
'^(Post(ma?(st(e?r)?|n)|of|ficl)|(send)?Mail(er)?|daemon|m(mdf|ajordomo)|n?uucp|LIST(SERV|proc)|NETSERV|o(wner|ps)|r(e(quest|sponse)|oot)|b(ounce|bs\.smtp)|echo|mirror|s(erv(ices?|er)|mtp(error)?|ystem)|A(dmin(istrator)?|MMGR|utoanswer))\@');

near the end.

So there you go.

Chris

Chris Wenn
IT Support Officer

Royal Botanic Gardens
Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne
PH: (03) 9252 2354   FAX: (03) 9252 2442
EMAIL: Chris.Wenn at rbg.vic.gov.au
WEB: http://www.rbg.vic.gov.au

>>> Isaac Vetter <ivetter at math.purdue.edu> 14/11/2006 2:58:08 am >>>
Good Morning Chris;

Did you ever figure out a nice way to do this? The easiest way is
probably a procmail script, if that's what you ended up using, would you
mind posting it to the list?

Thanks,

Isaac Vetter