[rt-users] Migration issue...

Luis Motta Campos luis.campos at segula.pt
Tue Nov 28 08:48:45 EST 2006

  Dear List

  I'm planning to migrate a 300K tickets (650GB disc space) database
(with a lot of attachments) from RT 3.0.9 to RT3.6.1.

  To what I'm concerned, this is a matter of importing the old RT system
database to the new system database and apply some SQL scripts to
patch/update the database structure (and eventually some data).

  The system:

  Front-end server:
    Debian Linux 3.1 (testing distro)
    Apache 2 + Mod Perl 2 (Debian packages)

  Back-end server:
    Debian Linux 3.1 (testing distro)
    MySQL 5.0 (Debian package)
    HP Storage attached

  I would love to read stories like mine, to learn about the caveats and
pitfalls.

  Also, one important question: all documentation made me believe that
there is a direct migration path (i.e., I don't need to install an
intermediary version) from 3.0.6 to 3.6.1. Is that true?

  Many thanks in advance for your answers and experience. :-)
  Goodbye!
--
Luis Motta Campos
Segula Technologies Portugal