[rt-users] Long history text widens pages

Andrew Redman aredman at education.ucsb.edu
Tue Nov 28 18:52:15 EST 2006

Hi -

We ran into this problem as well (with 3.6.1), and our solution (so far
as I understand it... I'm not really a CSS guy) was to make pre tags
scroll. It results in a scroll bar at the bottom of whatever segment
would have caused the page to over widen. We added this to the rt css:

pre
{
    padding:2px;
    overflow:auto;
}

I know it works in Opera and Firefox, and I think the guy that actually
wrote that bit tested it for all the browsers he could access easily,
but I can't guarantee that. In any case its better than mutilating words
to wrap.

 - Andrew Redman
   ITG Help Desk
   Gevirtz Graduate School of Education, UCSB