[rt-users] Need LDAP only for user info

David Chandek-Stark david.chandek.stark at duke.edu
Mon Oct 2 11:15:14 EDT 2006

In my RT installation, I would like to use LDAP for populating and
updating user contact information. This is the way I would like it to
work:

- Do NOT use LDAP for authentication (using WebExternalAuth)
- Update selected user attributes from LDAP on login
- Do NOT create new users from LDAP (only autocreate from WebExternalAuth)

>From scanning the options listed on the LdapSummary wiki page, Jim Meyer's

LDAP seems like the best fit, although I think it does much more than I
really need. Any advice or thoughts appreciated.

--David