[rt-users] Genearal question about RT

Helmuth Ramirez HelmuthRamirez at compupay.com
Mon Oct 2 12:12:53 EDT 2006

What are you using currently?

-----Original Message-----
From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com
[mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of matt
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2006 9:50 PM
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Genearal question about RT

Bill wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 08:02:28 -0500
> matt <stirfrey at gmail.com> spake:
>
>> I've been looking at RT to replace the current call tracking software

>> that we use where I work. I've combed through past posts to this
list,
>> website articles, and the wiki but I am still unsure about something.

>> How well does RT work in an environment where 97% of the issues are
>> taken by phone? RT seems very email centric, and seems like using it
for
>> phone support might be a bit awkward. Any suggestions for this type
of
>> environment?
>>

> The difference is not as much as you would think... Pretty you are
> looking at how easy it is to start a new ticket.  After that updates
> via email to the customer are easy if you want them.
>
> I would say it would do fine... you could always take an old box and
> set it up and let your support team play with it.

Thank you for the responses. I think I will just set a server up and
start working with it. I'm hoping to be able to get something up running

and ready to drop in place. That way when I slip in that its open source

there will be less to argue about. Unfortunately I still need the
blessing of my boss and he is pretty in love with MS. I've got a few
other things up my sleeve that will help, so I think it will be a pretty

easy sell in the end. I hope anyway.

Thanks again.
Matt