[rt-users] Add watcher based on email address or domain

Roy El-Hames rfh at pipex.net
Fri Oct 13 17:52:42 EDT 2006

I guess Neil was referring to client managers/sales managers /customer
relations agents etc ..
Neil;
I don't think its a simple task particularly you said you speak very
little Perl ..
If you can; what I would do is: option 1 (the clean way)
 - Create a table that map your customer mail address to an agent (the
watcher you need to add --this can be user name or mailaddress)
- Create the appropriate classes for this table (I often use
sbin/factory from the rt source code)
- Create a function in the above classes to pull the agent for a given
customer email
- Create a scrip with Condition On Create and action to query the
function you created above and add the value as a watcher
Option 2 (not so clean):
- Assuming your customer email is already an RT user, use one of the
fields that are n't used in the Users table to populate the email
address/name of teh watcher
-  Create a scrip with Condition On Create and action to identify the
requester, pull the value of the field mentioned above and add it as a
watcher
Best of luck;
Roy