[rt-users] Ludicrously slow queries on custom fields

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Oct 17 11:48:17 EDT 2006

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 08:24:27PM +0100, Tony Bowden wrote:
> In further investigation we found a line in the DBIx::SearchBuilder
> Changes file from earlier this year that says:
>
>   * Allow ORs on left joins
>
> It's conceivable that that was upgraded with mysql - is it possible that
> this change might have made the old 3.2.2 query work differently?

My surmise would be that if they weren't allowed before, then it was
silently dropped, and never got to the database engine to generate the
aforementioned 1.4 gigarow temp table...  Once they were allowed, it
wasn't dropped anymore, and Bob's your male relative.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"That's women for you; you divorce them, and 10 years later,
	  they stop having sex with you."  -- Jennifer Crusie; _Fast_Women_