[rt-users] Problems with fresh install of rt-3.4.6

James Mohr rt-users at jimmo.com
Wed Oct 25 09:06:22 EDT 2006

Hi All!

I am running on SUSE LINUX 10.0. First I ran

./configure --prefix=/data/web/public_html/rt/ --with-db-rt-pass=rtpassword
--with-web-group=www  --with-web-user=webuser

Then, after repeatedly running make fixdeps and having to install the Cache
module by hand, make testdeps says "Everything was found.", so I would think
I should to believe this. make install gives me "Congratulations. RT has been
installed." I copy RT_Config.pm to RT_SiteConfig.pm and change the DB user
and password. I then run mysql to add the user and set the password.

Running make initialize-database as root (i.e. "a user with permission to read
RT's configuration file"), I get

Can't locate UNIVERSAL/require.pm in @INC (@INC
contains: /data/home/homejimmo/public_html/rt/lib /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7/i586-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/i586-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/i586-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .)
at /data/home/homejimmo/public_html/rt/lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm line 53.

Followed by a long list of "Compilation failed in require" lines.  (I can
provide these if necessary).  I find no "require.pm" anywhere on the system.

find / -type f -name require.pm shows nothing.

I did a search on the RT wiki for "require.pm" and found "0 Pages".

On the ManualInstallation page on the wiki it says:

5.2 Drop DB if something goes wrong

If the make fails, type:
make dropdb

fix whatever's broken, and start over from step "init DB" step.

Sorry, but that was not very helpful. I googled on "require.pm request
tracker" as well as "UNIVERSAL/require.pm" and found liltte useful
information. After using cpan to install the UNIVERSAL::require package, I
was able to run make initialize-database successully. At least it seems to be
successful.

I have looked through the available doc and despite the message "Everything
was found", things were missing. Is this a bug in the installation?

Regards,

Jim Mohr