[rt-users] project management vs. RT

Josh Gagliardi josh.gagliardi at highwind.com
Fri Oct 27 12:13:45 EDT 2006

Ian Clancy wrote:
> Palle,
> I've been looking for a good web based project management tools also,
> see my earlier thread.
> You can find a good summary of open source project management tools here
> http://proj.chbs.dk/ .
> I would absolutely love it if someone built a project management tool on
> top of RT. I feel this would compliment RT, RTFM etc.. very well.
> Regards,

Given that RT contains assigment, priority, and duration information,
and has a slot for holding dependencies, you *should* be able to
generate a "how long does it take for these people to get all this done"
from a clever database walk and liberal code-stealing from some of the
open source programs.