[rt-users] Looking for help on old post...

Carlos Ramon Lopez Midence caralomi at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 29 20:56:39 EST 2006

Running RT-3.6.1 on Debian 3.1

I have the following scrip that is trying to print information on the ticket
but when I try to create the ticket it does not create the ticket and it
does not print anything

Condition: User defined
Action: User defined
Template: blank
Stage: TransactionCreate

Custom condition:
if( $self->TransactionObj->Type eq 'Create' &&
$self->TicketObj->Status eq 'new' ) {
return 1;
} else {
return undef;
}

Custom Action preparation code: none

Custom Action Cleanup code:
{
open(PRINTER, "| lpr -Pdelllase") || die "can't run lpr: $!";
print PRINTER "Testing printing response\n";
close(PRINTER) || die "can't close lpr: $!";
}

I have tried this code by itself and it does run and prints the desired
text, but when I try using it on RT, nothing happens, it does not create the
ticket nor prints my text

Any help as always will be appreciated..