[rt-users] problem with Test::Inline

Scott Golby sgolby at freshdirect.com
Tue Oct 31 17:40:11 EST 2006

> I am running rhel4, u3 and i'm suprised Test::Inline has been so hard
> install from cpan.  I have installed the Module::Build from

Did you try this from within the RT directory you unpacked the source to
?
  make fixdeps

This has worked fine for me in the past on Red Hat ES3.

Didn't work ?  No Prob.  I recently installed a RT 3.6.1 on an old SuSE
machine and had no luck with make fixdeps, which sounds a little like
what might be happening for you.
Try this
  perl -MCPAN -eshell
  install File::Flat

See if it complains about a dependency, if so, hand install that one,
then do a 'clean <Module::Name>' and try again.

I got the list of missing dependencies from 'make testdeps' and
essentially worked my way backwards, from things which had no
dependencies towards the things I was having trouble installing.

If you come up against a complete block & its just the testing that
fails in part (you'll notice your one said - Failed 1/16 tests, 93.75%
okay) try a
  perl -MCPAN -eshell
  force install <Module::Name>

Good luck.