[rt-users] CF Questions

Hornet hornetmadness at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 12:46:57 EDT 2006

On 8/31/06, Todd Chapman <todd at chaka.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 09:52:15AM -0400, Hornet wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I added a CF that holds ticket closure codes. My question is, how do I
> > make it mandatory to select a code before the status is changed to
> > close and make it so no matter how you close the ticket (jumbo, batch,
> > single), it must be filled out? My first idea is to make a custom CGI
> > that holds the codes and then uses the CLI tool to update and close
> > the ticket.
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> You need to hack the RT API so tht RT::Ticket::SetStatus checks
> that the CF is set before it closes the ticket. You may still run
> into trouble if the web UI updates ticket status before it
> updates custom fields...
>
> -Todd

Thanks for the Help.

I have setup a CF as a "Ticket Transactions". This is working as
expected by putting the CF.CloseCode on all the transactions windows.
Since this will not display the selected choice like the normal CF's.
I created another CF.ClosedAs. I'm trying to write a User Defined
Scrip to pull the CF.CloseCode choice and put it into CF.ClosedAs. I
dont see really any documentation on how to pull the info from
CF.CloseCode TransactionObj. Any help on how I get that data out would
be nice.

--

-Erik-