[rt-users] Label "owner" with something other than username?

Neil Hoggarth neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk
Fri Sep 1 13:13:30 EDT 2006

I'm experimenting with RT 3.4.5 (just trying it out - not "in
production" yet). I want to use it in conjunction with the
Universities existing single-sign-on authentication solution (Stanford
WebAuth), and I've got external authentication working okay.

My problem is that the usernames allocated by the central authority
are rather opaque and impersonal. With a large-ish team I think staff
would have problems allocating jobs to the correct person or
understanding who is currently working on stuff.

Is there any way that I can change the web interface to indicate
ownership of jobs (and populate the change ownership drop-downs, etc)
using nicknames, real names or email addresses instead of (or as well
as) usernames?

Regards,
--
Neil Hoggarth  -------------------  Computing Manager, Sherrington Building
Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics  -  University of Oxford, UK