[rt-users] Splitting queries across mysql servers

Drew Taylor taylor.andrew.j at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 17:24:16 EDT 2006

Hi,
(Now subscribed from my personal address)

We're looking to scale our RT instance at $work, and make it more
fault tolerant at the same time. The obvious first step is to split
the DB out from the Mason servers (currently all on one box). At the
same time, we want to use mysql replication to get the data onto a
second DB server. In a perfect world we would have RT transparently be
able to do SELECTs on both DB boxes while sending UPDATE/INSERT
statements to the master DB.

I know I'm not the first person to attempt this. :-) Any pointers to
DBI multiplexers, tips, etc would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Drew