[rt-users] Reports: Newbie looking for some help.

Brendan S (Scratch User) gobnat at optusnet.com.au
Wed Sep 6 06:46:51 EDT 2006

Thanks for responding Andrew.

Andrew Nicols wrote:
> On 9/3/06, Brendan S (Scratch User) <gobnat at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>>
>> Brendan S (Scratch User) wrote:

> I would like to produce reports which show (among other things) the
> detail of the issue which initiated ticket, and the most recent
> comment added to the ticket.   Can someone point to somewhere which
> explains how to do this?  Happy, subject to the next question, to do
> this through the CLI or through query builder.

Is this not documented anywhere?

>>> I have found the rt shell, but when I try to (eg) list/show
>>> tickets it
>> asks for a password and fails. I have tried the password from
>> RTSiteConfig.pm without success.  Which password is it looking for?
>>

> It's looking for your the username/password you use to log into RT
> rather than the RT Database Password.

Hmmmm still no dice.  I guess I need to work out how to set the user correctly.

>> I have tried downloading a tsv of the search results, but what I
>> get is ?perl? code.  I assume this means I need to add something to
>> the Apache config file somewhere (? presumably adding a perl
>> handler directive for some directory? - ?rt/Search/?)
>
> It sounds like something isn't quite right in your apache config
> then. Can you use the Search Builder for example at present? If
> you're getting perl code, it seems like mason isn't handling the file
> properly. It might be a good idea to check your Apache access and
> error logs to see if there's anything out of the ordinary being
> mentioned about the Results.tsv file

I added a filesmatch -> *.tsv? -> PerlHandler RT::Mason directive to the apache2 rtconfig file, restarted and it is now working (based on one test)

>> I have managed to search a custom field using the advanced query
>> builder, but can't seem to get it to display the field in the
>> report (the field name is displayed, but the result entry is blank
>> - I have added it from the drop downs at the bottom of the page -
>> the CF naming syntax appears to change).  Generic question I know,
>> but anywhere will tell me what is likely to be going wrong?
>

> I'm not entirely sure what you mean here. Can you give a more
> detailed example, or perhaps paste the text from the bottom box of
> the Advanced tab?
>
> It's ok, don't worry I will work it out myself.

The CF I wanted was in reality an additional status flag, so I have achieved what I wanted another way.

> I think I've seen a few replies to the list about some of the things
> I've mentioned. Perhaps you should check back in case you missed
> them.

Can't see any in the archives.