[rt-users] RT with pubcookie/External Auth

Alan Sparks asparks at doublesparks.net
Mon Sep 11 18:25:34 EDT 2006

Jasen M. Lentz wrote:
> I am running the following:
> FC5
> RT 3.6.0
> Apacke2
> Newest pubcookie
>
> I have pubcookie working, but the external auth is not working with RT and I
> have modified the external Auth values in RT_Siteconfig.pm.  The problem is,
> I get asked for my pubcookie login and password, it accepts them, but then I
> get dumped to an RT login box.  Any suggestions on what could be wrong?

Works for me, at least for RT 3.6.1, Apache 2.0, CentOS 3, and Pubcookie
3.3.1.  Couple of things to consider...
* You've modified the site config variables WebExternalAuth,
WebFallbackToInternalAuth, and maybe WebExternalGecos and WebExternalAuto?
* Your RT instance is set up as SSL-based (https) and WebBaseURL and
WebPort are appropriate?  Pubcookie by design (except if you compile it
explicitly to do so) only works with SSL-based URLs.
-Alan

--
Alan Sparks, UNIX/Linux Systems Integration and Administration
<asparks at doublesparks.net>