[rt-users] From a template, how do I get a handle to a ticket attachment?

Ole Craig ocraig at stillsecure.com
Thu Sep 14 15:42:34 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 09:29 -0400, 'twas brillig and Stephen Turner
scrobe:
> Ole,
>
> You get at objects a bit differently in templates - available to you
> is $Ticket, $Transaction etc. So you can replace  the first 2 lines
> of your code above with:
>
> my $msgattr = $Transaction->Message->First;
>
> The global templates that come with RT are a good reference.
>
> Good luck,
> Steve

> Stephen -
	Thanks! I could have sworn I'd tried that and got an error, but
apparently not; maybe I fatfingered something last time.

	Is there a wikipage or other resource that lists what objects and
structures are inherently available within scrips and templates? I have
the Essentials book, but it's not much help at that level.

	Anyhow, my template is now working:

        To: { my $msgattr = $Transaction->Message->First;
        my $customername = $msgattr->GetHeader('X-MY-HEADERVAL');
        my $pageraddr = $customername . 'pager at nagios.example.com';
        $RT::Logger->warning("using \'$pageraddr\' as pager address;");
        return $pageraddr;}
        RT-Attach-Message: yes

        Pager alert from $customername!
          Subject: {$Transaction->Subject || $Ticket->Subject || "(No
        subject given)"}
          Requestors: {$Ticket->RequestorAddresses}

        {$Transaction->Content()}

	Now I can move on to figuring out how to get Nagios to add a comment to
the ticket when it receives an ACK from the pager.

--
/Ole Craig
Security Engineer

303-381-3802 (main support hotline)