[rt-users] CLI - Line Breaks for body

Frank Pater fpater at dca.net
Thu Sep 14 16:45:30 EDT 2006

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 01:26:52PM -0700, Chris Black wrote:
> Hi, I haven't attempted to use this CLI command before, but when I
> try now I get:
>
> [root at felwood rt]$ ./bin/rt comment -m "this is a test\n test" 5242
> Password:
> rt: Server error: Not Found (404)
>
> Any ideas on that?

Near the top of ./bin/rt there is a hash, %config. Try setting 'server' in this hash to the URL of your RT WebUI (it defaults to http://localhost/rt/ so if you can't access the WebUI via lynx from the server command-line, then this is probably why the CLI tool is failing). As for the code below, I'm still working through something similar, and I'm afraid I can't help much with that. At a minimum, you should be able to execute

./bin/rt create -t ticket

and successfully create a ticket. After that, the comment syntax should work as well.

Sincerely,
Frank Pater
DCANet
http://www.dca.net