[rt-users] RT selectively not sending email

Isaac Vetter ivetter at math.purdue.edu
Tue Sep 19 00:57:24 EDT 2006

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 16:59 -0400, Isaac Vetter wrote:
>
>> rt.log doesn't contain an error, even at [debug]. The default scrips are
>> in place. All four users are privileged, Global SuperUsers and AdminCC
>> Watchers on the queue.
>>

> I just had this happen to me on Friday, too.  No error in any of my logs
> - in fact, my mail server log shows the email being received and
> accepted (for injection by rt-mailgate).
>
> Are you using procmail by any chance?  I am here, but until now, I've
> have no problems whatsoever.  I'm quite confused.

Hello Ranbir,

In my case, the "Update Ticket" page in the web interface does not list
the appropriate email addresses under the "This message will be sent to
..." text. Both AdminCCs and Requestors are incorrectly left out.

Are you experiencing this problem as well? I do not believe that the
problem is mail-server or mail-client related because the RT web
interface excludes email addresses from the "Update Ticket" page. I
believe that RT is not trying to send email.

Are multiple users experiencing the problem on your end? If everything
is normal except that the RT email doesn't appear in the user's Inbox,
procmail could definitely be a culprit.

Isaac