[rt-users] Moving RT off of the root URL

Frank Saxton frankie at easyrider.com
Thu Sep 21 10:48:06 EDT 2006

Hello Kristian

Thanks very much for responding.  I built RT
following the instructions to the letter.  It's a
fastcgi setup and I don't know that the changes
you suggested will work the way RT is
configured.  I'm happy to go ahead and try if you
say it will work though..  below is my current
httpd.conf which works perfectly except that RT
runs on the root URL and not http://localhost/rt

Thanks very much in advance!

# RT Stuff

Alias /rt/ "/opt/rt3/share/html/"

FastCgiIpcDir /tmp
FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120 -processes 4

NameVirtualHost *:80
   <VirtualHost *:80>
     DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html/
     AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
     AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi
   </VirtualHost>
   <Directory "/opt/rt3/share/html">
       Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
       AllowOverride None
   </Directory>
    Alias /NoAuth/images /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images
    ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/