[rt-users] Newbie here, not able to login

Andrew Nicols a.nicols at lancs.ac.uk
Sat Sep 23 07:17:12 EDT 2006

On 9/23/06, bijayant kumar <bijayant4u at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>         I have installed Rt on my gentoo-linux box witj the help of wiki
> written for the gentoo plateform. All goes well, and i found no difficulty
> doing this. But now when i am trying to login in to the main page it gives
> me an error that your login name or password is incorrect. I have used PERL
> and MYSQL as a database. And i am giving login name as root and password as
> password. I have searched archive, but didnt find any answer for my
> question. I have posted my question already. Please please help me regarding
> this, i will be very thankful to you all.
> And one more thing in my apache2 error log i find this error
>
> [Sat Sep 23 04:30:58 2006] [error]: FAILED LOGIN for root from 127.0.0.1(/var/www/localhost/htdocs/rt/autohandler:238)

Hi there,

Have you correctly initialized the database? Log into your mysql database
and check that the tables are there. If they are, run a query to check that
your root user is there. This query should list all users:
select name, password from users;

If there are no users listed, then you haven't properly initiated the
database and it's probably best to just drop and re-initialise the database
to see if that fixes it.

I hope that gives you a starting point,

--
Regards,