[rt-users] database on separate system

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 21:05:22 EDT 2006

After make install step you must change RT_SiteConfig.pm and only then
run make initdb.
You're looking for next options:
$DatabaseHost - mysql server
$DatabasePort - mysql's port
$DatabaseUser - user RT uses to connect to mysql in normal conditions
$DatabasePassword - password of the above user
$DatabaseName - name of the RT's DB
And important for you option is $DatabaseRTHost - RT's host, when RT
connects to mysql on remote host, mysql checks that client connects
from this host.

On 9/27/06, Paolo Supino <paolo at actcom.net.il> wrote:
> Hi
>
>   I have a mysql database server already running on my lan and I want to
> use it for my RT system too. From whay I saw thus far the installation
> process assumes the database is local and I didn't see any documentation
> on setting up the RT database on a remote installation of mysql.
>   Can anyone on the mailing list help me and save me the headache and
> time that it will take me to reverse egineer the installation so I can
> adapt it to running rt with a remote database?
>

> TIA
> Paolo

Best regards, Ruslan.