[rt-users] How to run multiple instances of RT

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 07:07:31 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 04:59, bijayant kumar wrote:
> Hi to all,
>                  I have installed RT successfully. Now i need to
> create  multiple instances of RT for different projects. I gone
> through the mailing list archive, and found that it is possible. But
> could not able to understand it correctly. I know it is my fault. Can
> any one help me here to provide a suitable how to on to it. I will be
> very thankful to you all. Thanks in advance..

First note that you really don't need different instances
of RT to handle different projects.  You can create
different queues with different email aliases and different
groups of people allowed to see them and the projects won't
conflict with each other.  If you do need different instances
for administrative reasons you can do it easily with
fastcgi or with mod_perl you can run different httpd
instances bound to different ports or IP addresses.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com