[rt-users] database on separate system

Paolo Supino paolo at actcom.net.il
Thu Sep 28 10:12:25 EDT 2006

Hi Tim

  I noticed that option after I wrote the email. I tried it and it
indeed created the database but it fails further down the line when it
tries to grant access. It's probably more an issue of mysql than RT.
Please take a look at the log below and see if you can help solve the
problem.

# make initialize-database
/usr/bin/perl //opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action init --dba root
--prompt-for-dba-password
In order to create or update your RT database,this script needs to
connect to your mysql instance on rtdb.quicklook.local as root.
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no
database
password, just press return.

Password:
Now creating a database for RT.
Creating mysql database rt3.
Now populating database schema.
Creating database schema.
Done setting up database schema.
Now inserting database ACLs
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Access denied for user
'root'@'rt.idssite.com' to database 'rt3' at
//opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database line 345.
Problem with statement:
 GRANT SELECT,INSERT,CREATE,INDEX,UPDATE,DELETE ON rt3.* TO
rt_user@'rtdb.quicklook.local' IDENTIFIED BY 'rt_pass';
Access denied for user 'root'@'rt.idssite.com' to database 'rt3' at
//opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database line 346.
make: *** [initialize-database] Error 255

TIA
Paolo