[rt-users] REST interface reference

Shawn Plummer plummer at geneseo.edu
Thu Sep 28 10:25:34 EDT 2006

Is there a simple REST interface reference out there? I searched the
wiki but got 78 results searching for just REST and zero searching
for REST with any other word (the wiki search function is pretty
terrible in my experience, or I just don't know how to use it).

At any rate, what we want to do is display all tickets for a given
username on our helpdesk portal page. The portal is Oracle portal,
and we have written a custom portlet, but need a way to query RT for
all tickets owned by a user, I assume that is a simple use of the
REST interface but can't find any information on how to interact with
it. What are the form names you can pass information too? what
variables do they accept? what is required and what is optional?

We were using RSS feeds to do this, but for some reason those have
ceased working in 3.6.1 for us. And using the REST interface seems
the better way to go about this anyway.

Shawn Plummer
Systems Manager
CIT SUNY Geneseo
"The mind can make substance, and people planets of its own with
beings brighter than have been, and give a breath to forms which can
outlive all flesh." -Lord Byron