[rt-users] RT 3.6.3 web interface problems

Mike Friedman mikef at ack.berkeley.edu
Wed Apr 11 23:39:03 EDT 2007

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 at 19:49 (-0400), Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Apr 11, 2007, at 7:46 PM, Mike Friedman wrote:
>
>> Looking at my rt.log and my apache logs, I see nothing that would
>> appear to correspond to these symptoms.  As far as the log files are
>> concerned, there was no error.  *Unless* the following represents a
>> problem (line wrapped by me for readability):
>>
>>   127.0.0.1 HTTP/1.0{X-Forwarded-For} - [11/Apr/2007:15:43:36 -0700]
>>      "GET / HTTP/1.0" 200 2658 "-" "Apache (internal dummy connection)"
>>

> That suggests that possibly there's an httpd.conf misconfig to me,

Jesse,

Do you think the above could be related to the other symptoms I described?

In any case, I should elaborate on my environment.  I'm running RT in a
'virtual private server', behind a proxy web server.  What this means
(among other things) is the following:

1.  Everything runs under my (unprivileged) account on the server.  This
means I had to install the RT prereq perl modules in my own home
directory. (Notice the PERL5LIB definition in my httpd.conf below).

2.  I have my own copy of apache and httpd.conf, but it's configured for
virtual hosts at 127.0.0.1 and reserved high-numbered ports.  The proxy
apache, which faces externally, has its own httpd.conf that directs the RT
URL 'inward', to my local virtual host.  SSL is done only on the proxy,
but all the RT-related configs are in my local httpd.conf.

3.  My local httpd.conf contains the following RT-related stuff (RT is
installed in /users/ist-rt/RT/rt/ist-rt):

     DocumentRoot /users/ist-rt/RT/rt/ist-rt/share/html

     AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

     PerlOptions +Parent
     PerlRequire /users/ist-rt/RT/rt/ist-rt/bin/webmux.pl
     <Location />
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler RT::Mason
     </Location>

     # if images are dynamic, change the Client Caching section above
     Alias /images /users/ist-rt/apache2/https-ist-rt/images

     ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/users/ist-rt/apache2/https-ist-rt/cgi-bin/"
     <Directory "/users/ist-rt/apache2/https-ist-rt/cgi-bin">
         AllowOverride None
         Options None
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
     </Directory>

     #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
     # mod_perl
     #--------------------------------------------------------------------------

     <IfModule mod_perl.c>
     SetEnv PERL5LIB /users/ist-rt/lib/perl5:/users/ist-rt/lib/perl5/site_perl:\
/users/ist-rt/lib/perl:/users/ist-rt/lib/perl/5.8.8:/users/ist-rt/share/perl:\
/users/ist-rt/share/perl/5.8.8
     </IfModule>

Is there a problem with the above config?  If not, is there something
specific I should be inquiring about concerning the external apache proxy
config (which is maintained by the admins of our 'webfarm' environment, so
I can't look at it myself)?

Or perhaps something in my httpd.conf that's outside the VirtualHost
config shown above?

Thanks.

Mike

Mike Friedman                        Information Services & Technology
mikef at ack.Berkeley.EDU               2484 Shattuck Avenue
1-510-642-1410                       University of California at Berkeley
http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~mikef  http://ist.berkeley.edu