[rt-users] Default password

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Wed Aug 1 18:39:18 EDT 2007

On 8/1/07, John Oliver <joliver at john-oliver.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 06:09:42PM +0100, Roy El-Hames wrote:
> > Have you any users in your Users table, if not then I would recommend
> > re-installing RT, cause you need more than just the root user like the
> > user Nobody and RT_System.
>
> Reinstall???
>
> Wouldn't dropping the database and re-running rt-setup-database, in
> theory, be sufficient?
should

> Which leads to another problem...
>
> [root at rt3 ~]# /usr/sbin/rt-setup-database --action init --dba rt_user
> --prompt-for-dba-password
> In order to create or update your RT database,this script needs to
> connect to your mysql instance on 10.12.14.149 as rt_user.
> Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no
> database
> password, just press return.
>
> Password:
> Now creating a database for RT.
> Creating mysql database rt3.
> Now populating database schema.
> Creating database schema.
> readline() on closed filehandle SCHEMA_LOCAL at
> /usr/sbin/rt-setup-database line 192.
> Done setting up database schema.
> Now inserting database ACLs
> DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Access denied for user
> 'rt_user'@'10.12.14.164' to database 'mysql' at
> /usr/sbin/rt-setup-database line 345.
> Problem with statement:
>  USE mysql;
> Access denied for user 'rt_user'@'10.12.14.164' to database 'mysql' at
> /usr/sbin/rt-setup-database line 346.
>

> rt-setup-database apparantly can start setting up the database, but runs
> into a problem because it tries to access the 'mysql' database.  I
> dropped the rt3 database and granted all to rt_user, but it still fails.
> So... what is the correct way to initialize the rt3 database?
Here is the DatabaseRTHost option in the config that comes into play.
Set it to '10.12.14.164' before running `make initdb`. As well you can
use --with-db-rt-host option of the configure script to set it, note
that you MUST run `make install` again before `make initdb` in this
case.

> --

Best regards, Ruslan.