[rt-users] Default password

John Oliver joliver at john-oliver.net
Thu Aug 2 16:41:16 EDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 01:44:41PM -0500, James Moseley wrote:
> Well, sounds like you have a mysql problem now.  While logged into your RT
> host, and assuming you have a mysql client installed, can you successfully
> connect the mysqld instance on 10.12.14.164?  What happens when you do:
>
> mysql -u root -p -h 10.12.14.164
>
> What about:
>
> mysql -u root -p -h 10.12.14.164 rt3
>
> In the examples above, you will be prompted for the password.

There is no MySQL running on .164  MySQL is on .149  I'm absolutely sure
that this is a MySQL issue... it appears that "root" on .164 doesn't
have the correct privileges on .149  I tried to at least temporarily
give root at 10.12.14.164 full access on .149 but it didn't work as
expected.

My first guess is that rt-setup-database is trying to be too selective
in the permissions it's granting... we can see that it's trying to give
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,CREATE,INDEX,UPDATE,DELETE to rt_user, so maybe when
it creates the rt3 database it is using something other than ALL for
'root'?

> Access denied for user 'root'@'10.12.14.164' to database 'rt3' at
> /usr/sbin/rt-setup-database line 346.

Since 'root'@'10.12.14.164' created rt3, that's the only reason I can
think of that it's failing... the creator doesn't have enough
privileges, or is assuming that the database is on localhost, if that
makes a difference.